Tuesday, June 15, 2010

9th Birthday Celebration #2...

We had a hard time scheduling a big party between baseball practices, groundings, and weekends away at grandparents for J's best peeps. We finally managed to get JoJo and Bay over just to hang out. I learned the hard way a couple of years ago (by my husband gently telling me :) that they are at the age now they just want to play. Which means no more fun games and craft planning by mom, boo hoo!
We let them loose on some ice cream and toppings although the trick candles about melted the ice cream by the time he blew them out! My son's a basic vanilla with chocolate sauce, but one friend chose every single topping (I'm not tattling on him, but it was the one in the hat). Luckily, it wasn't the one who was spending the night :)
Then they rocked out, and rocked out, and rocked out. I chose Tylenol as the topping for my ice cream.
Though it was very low key, Jackson was thrilled to be able to just hang out with his buddies.

No comments: