Monday, October 10, 2011
9. I'm very grateful for a hubby who drives home on his lunch hour to bring me crackers and Coke. God blessed me with a good man :)
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
2. Waking up with one child's body wedged on my right side and one on my left. Then the latecomer had nowhere to go and is sound asleep on my back!
3. Snuggling my growing too fast daughter and naughtily laying in bed way longer than I should while listening to two boys giggle downstairs.
4. Seeing my daughter trying to teach her baby brother to read any reading him lots of books over and over and whispering the words in his ear and her not even realizing all the while she's becoming a better reader, not to mention a better person.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
While at the beach I splurged and bought myself a book I had been wanting, 1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp.
I have been reading her blog for a while and absolutely love it. I’d been wanting to get the book when I could savor it, thus the beach. This is DEFINITELY a book to be savored! I once heard someone say that there are different worship styles just like there are learning styles. Some feel closest to God through music, some through ritual, and some like me who feel closest when studying God’s word and making discoveries and connections therein (there were other worship styles but I can’t remember them right now).
This book spoke to me like few others before (and I’m not even half way through!). There’s a saying about something being a feast for the eyes, but this book was a feast for the soul for me. God truly blessed Ann Voskamp with the gift of prose. I love reading her descriptions of things.
So, I have to join her on the challenge to chronicle 1,000 things I am thankful to God for, though I don’t believe that will be hard as He has blessed me abundantly. I am so excited to chronicle them on my blog and to get into a habit of thankfulness. What a gift that would be to pass on the my children- the ability to always find something to be thankful for during the sunshine and especially during the storms! I can’t think of much I’d rather pass onto them. I tell them all the time that people want to be around people who reflect the joy of Jesus. I’m hoping this habit of thankfulness will make me into one of those joy reflectors.
Wow, number one is kind of daunting. It should be really elaborate and profound and wonderful and the perfect kick off. For once, I’m going to keep it simple. Simple, but fathomless:
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Every night as I go up to bed I am never sure where I will find the kids sleeping. Sometimes they are all in one bed and sometimes they aren’t in beds at all!
I love when I find them all in Sissy’s room because I know that means she was reading to them:
Jackson’s room is a very popular stop. Half the time he encourages it and they stay up way to late playing. Other nights he locks his doors to keep out nighttime visitors. Usually, it is Will I find in Jackson’s room because they are my night owls while I will find Ashton and Wesley up playing long before the rest of the house. On this night I took a picture because they were both snuggling their stuffed dogs. Every night I still find Jackson snuggling his Sparky is like a gift because it seems he is growing up way too fast!
All this just goes to prove my case that we should just throw them all in one room and use their bedrooms for other things!
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
The problem comes when you paint yourself into a corner- literally.
I wrongfully assumed they were using a paintbrush???
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Of course, it wasn't as fancy as he would've made but I thought it ended up looking pretty cool.
Ashton and Jackson also made a birthday banner and there was some pretty cute singing going on as well.
I know he dreamed 37 would find him surrounded by 4 kids but God has a fun way of surprising us doesn't he? I just can't wait to see what surprises God will have him surrounded by at 67!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Poor Jon. Not the best b-day he's ever had:
1. Went to the doctor only to be severely fussed at for his cholesterol and blood pressure.
2. Had a very sick wife for 4 days=single parenting + waiting on someone who felt too rotten to move
3. Took Jackson and his best buddy hunting with his buddy only to get in a snow ball battle, at the end of one hour drive home discovered he'd lost his brand new I-phone, drove one hour back with all 4 kids (remember the sick wife) to discover his phone in the creek with a cracked screen.
4. Left a sick wife in bed to teach Sunday School on his birthday morn.
5. Got to go grocery shopping where he decided to purchase: ginger ale, vinegar pickles, crackers, soup and 2 different types of medicice- apparently ready for sick wife to be better :)
6. Went out to eat at Olive Garden (the highlight) only to realize we were locked out of our house.
7. Spent the afternoon with boys who kept getting naked.
8. Spent the day watching the last Hannah Montana episode and the marathon leading up to it rather than the NFL playoffs.
9. Did I mention he got peed on?
Happy birthday baby, IOU a do-over next weekend!!!!!!