Sunday, February 14, 2010

Disney Bound...

I'm finally beginning to recover from my Disney hangover enough to share our trip (especially since lots of people have been fussing at me about it :).


Due to the snow forecast we changed our original plans which had us heading out at 4 Friday morning and left Thursday evening instead. I was a little freaked out because that gave me 12 less hours to pack and prepare, but it ended up working our great. Jon and I were very excited that it would break up our trip since driving 12 hours with 4 kids was daunting to say the least. I didn't let the twins take a nap thinking they would sleep as soon as they got in the car- yeah right! Those little stinkers didn't blink an eye the entire 4 hour trip to Atlanta until Wesley nodded off right when we reached Atlanta! They were amazingly good on the trip though so I can't complain too much.



My wonderful husband drove the entire time despite being up since 4 that morning. I also have to say I was SO surprised and blessed by the fact that he took like 1 work call and then did not work for the rest of the trip (at least that I saw I am sure he sneaked in some e-mails on his phone). That was huge for him since he is on call 24-7. It was so wonderful having his undivided attention :)



So, we were off in our wonderful rented van with Stow-and-Go compartments. I heart that thing! Wed decided to put the twins in the back assuming they would sleep and so we could actually talk to the big kids. Neither thing happened since they were all watching movies the entire ride


(how did our parents ever take us anywhere without DVD players- oh yeah, we read!).



If you know me at all, you know I had activity bags packed for each child, and they were Disney themed bags and activities too!We finally stopped south of Atlanta and checked into a very nice hotel room (thank you Nana). What do you do after checking into a nice hotel room? Jump on the beds of course!


Since we didn't have cribs, Jon and I each took a big kid and a little kid in a bed. Here are the two I was responsible for. Please note that not only are they sleeping, but they are sweetly sleeping holding hands no less. Man, I'm good!
Jon's didn't do so well. Will wanted to sleep on the floor which totally grossed me out because it was a hotel room-eww! So, when Jon was trying to get him off the floor Will threw a fit and hit his mouth on the corner of the wooden bed frame. It was pitch dark so Jon picked him up and carried him to the bathroom. When we turned the light on we all panicked because Jon was covered in blood! Will had sliced opened his gum and, like all mouth wounds, it was bleeding profusely. We finally got it stopped, but the next morning we warned the front desk about all the blood soaked rags!
Friday we got off to an early start and made great time. Again the kids did amazingly well. We made some great active stops at a rest stop and Chik-F-A playground which helped a lot. We arrived at our resort at 5:00. I requested a T*y Story room because the twins love this movie so much. I love this resort because it is fun with the two story characters. We were so excited to have our picture made with "Yeehaw Cowboy" as the twins call him.

Will was loving all the characters, but Wesley was a little scared of the gigantic characters.
Ashton was hamming it up as usual.
They all loved this car and had to sit in it EVERY time we walked past.
Guess which character was Ashton's favorite?
Buzz Lightyear guarded us each night as our rooms were behind him. So comforting!
After Jon and I about had a break down after Will's screaming melt down at dinner, Nana kindly took them to look around some more. They discovered the giant dogs that Will insisted on having his picture made with. There were 2 and Wesley kept showing me the "mommy" dog and "daddy" dog.

This giant TV was my favorite. Notice Will is even trying to change the channel off his crazy self!

Overall, our travel went amazingly well. Before we knew it it was time to lay out our matching shirts and get ready for the big Magic Kingdom day!

No comments: