Sunday, April 18, 2010

Soweee...

That is as close as I can come to phonetically spelling how Will pronounces "sorry". On behalf of members of my family I have some apologies to make tonight.
1. For those 20 wonderful friends at church who frantically joined in the search for Will this morning, sorry.
I was teaching Sunday School and Jon was supposed to have been taking the kids to their classes. Unfortunately, he came upon his hunting buddy first and Jon had to tell him about the huge turkey he shot yesterday. Meanwhile, Will wandered off. I came our of my class to Ashton yelling, "We lost Will and can't find him anywhere." I saw all our friends looking everywhere. As I frantically searched I saw him being carried out of the bathroom by a man telling me he found him playing in.the.urinal!!! Yeah, good times. As I scrubbed his hands I fussed up a storm at him then took him around to apologize to everyone. Unfortunately, he's so stinking cute no one could stay mad at him, his daddy on the other hand.......
2. For those poor people who were trying to have a peaceful Sunday afternoon grocery shopping, sorry.
I am sorry for the screaming you had to listen to when Wesley bit Will. I am sorry for the further screaming you had to listen to when Will pinched Wesley. I am sorry for the additional screaming you had to hear when Will pulled Wesley's hair (no more riding together in the little car cart). I am sorry for the screaming and fussing you witnessed when Ashton ran over my foot with the cart. Mostly, I'm sorry for the fighting you had to witness between my lovely husband and I since every.single.time the children were screaming he was no where to be found! Then there was the "incident" between a really stressed mommy and a husband who has apparently never unloaded a grocery cart before and began piling our $150 worth of groceries on the conveyor belt bread and fruit first. I mean seriously? Is bananas before 4 gallons (yes, 4) ever a good idea? Next week I will be apologizing to whoever is parked next to my car in the grocery store lot because it will have 4 screaming kids and one banana bruising husband in it because I am I never taking all 4 in again!
3. For my sweet mother-in-law who came over with Pop to bring us a new mower and then helped me carry in my groceries and had to see my messy house, sorry.
My wonderfully brave mother let all 4 kids spend the night with her last night and what do Jon and I do on this rare night off? We spent 4 hours overhauling Jackson's room. We moved bookshelves. We consolidated two dressers into one. We switched over winter to summer clothes. I climbed under his bed and removed mountains of toys. But just like every project we start, cleaning one room seems to destroy the rest of the house! I have books, furniture, trash, recyclables and toys, toys, toys everywhere. Believe me Jac, I am so.sorry you or anyone had to see that :) I don't even want to see it!
So, instead of blogging I should be cleaning it, but after all the reasons to apologize I'm just going to bed and praying tomorrow will be better!

No comments: