Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And Then There Were Three...

A few weeks ago there happened a thing called dove season. Then a certain little excited girl found out she was old enough to go. She wore camo for the next 4 days!
I love these pictures because she took them herself.

Sadly, Daddy is the only one who bagged a bird (only because I wasn't there to shoot it first- seriously, there's been precedent. Ask him about the last time we went dove hunting :)

Look how happy my sweet girl is:

She's actually now old enough to also deer and turkey hunt, but Daddy won't let her because she can't be quiet!!!
We didn't get her a lifetime license like we did the boys (not a sexist decision just a mommy who quit work when she was born). Now I'm wishing we had.
I always dread hunting season because it means I'll be a "hunting widow" and stuck with a snoozing man when he is home. Then I realized if the kids start going with him I'll be home alone! Thus the title "and then there were three" and me counting down the days until the boys are old enough to go! I am 34 months away from loving hunting season!

No comments: