Saturday, October 18, 2008

How Do You Spell Gym...

I never knew how much I loved Fall Break until I went back to teaching. We had a great one, until today anyway. Wednesday night we took the kids to Grandmother's and camped out. It was so fun. Jordan even came up and the kids all had fun with glow sticks, flashlight tag and our magic powder that made the fire change colors! Of course, the twins and I slept inside, but Jon and the big kids braved the great outdoors all night.

Thursday we mostly spent washing children and napping to recover from being in the great outdoors all night. Friday the big kids went to Nana-palooza while Jon and I enjoyed some alone time with the twins and put away 7 weeks worth of laundry, literally.

Today Jon was hunting, the kids were still with Nana and Pop so the wee ones and I had some rare time together. Should have been fun, but I ended up with a stomach virus and Wesley is apparently getting sick. They both stayed on me all day long. It really makes me think they've been missing me since I went back to work! So, overall a rather blah day, but I did get some great snuggling which is always a good thing.

Then about 7:00 the kids were delivered home from Nana-palloza with a list of things they had done that would rival any festival. I'm not making this up: bowling, Pump It Up, Chuck E. Cheese, movie renting, merry-go-round, car show, Build a Bear, and Pie in the Sky complete with dough to play with. Can you imagine how tired not to mention incredibly broke poor Nana is? I think the kids just ate, jumped, bowled, stuffed and rode away our inheritance!

So, my favorite story was that the two big kindergartners, Ashton and Logan, were in the back seat discussing what their favortie specials were at school when Logan asked Ashton, "How do you spell gym?" Without missing a beat my genious daughter replied, "P.E."

Works for me!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

That's one of my favorite things about carpool- listening in on conversations just waiting for something great like that to come out. Too funny!