Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Glimpse of Things to Come???

A few weeks ago while we were at the ballpark, Jackson saw one of the little girls in his class. Now this wasn't a little girl that he had a little crush on or anything though she is beautiful. In fact, I think they have butted heads a bit at times. Like me though she must be a sucker for a uniform because she couldn't stop staring at him. This is him playing catcher and her in the pink just staring: You know I had to take a picture because this was quite a milestone: his first girl fan! I might know a couple really well who pretty much fell in love at the ballpark, got married and had 4 kids, but I digress.

The cutest part was how supportive she was. When he was in the dugout she stood there and said, "You can do it Jackson" over and over. He acts like it wasn't a big deal, but I think he was standing a little taller! All the other boys were asking him if she was his girlfriend which of course he denied! Then one of the excellent roll model dads said, "Wow, Jackson your girlfriend is hot!" Nice parenting huh?

My little man and the first of many women to adore him, I'm sure. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I want to be a super nice mother-in-law like mine, but you have to be a little jealous that some girl is going to take your number 1 place in his life. Oh well, surely I have another good 10 years to worry about that! For now I'll just be proud of myself for catching this milestone on my camera!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Seriously, the other night when Chloe asked us how old we were, i told er we were the same age difference as her and "cutie boy Jackson." She is very supportive and I promise to let you be the favorite Grandma! I love you!!!! (and my soon to be son in law)