Tuesday, November 18, 2008

3 and a Half, But I'm Not Counting...

So, I have that many days left in my interim. I am sad in a way. I have made some great friends there and am really going to miss hanging out with adults! I also feel really lucky to have this time with my big kids. A major reason I took this position was to get to spend time just the 3 of us since they have given up so much of me for the twins. It has been great being such an integral part of their school lives. Of course, I'm about to be an even more integral part, but more about that later. I will also miss my students who I have come to love and will continue to pray for. I'd also forgotten that cool rock star feeling teachers get when a student sees you outside of school and gets so excited!

All that said, I am ready to be home again. I hope not to take some things for granted like nap time, grocery shopping during the day, lunch with my husband, being able to make phone calls, or getting a chance to rest-ever!

Naps aside, I just want to be with my babies. They are at an awesome age right now. Every day they are doing new cute stuff an saying new words every day (They can both say "one", Will says "akson" for Jackson, today Wesley said "Will" and my favorite is when Wesley points at the big kids and says, "now". At least he listens when we're fussing at them!). Plus, my tough Welsey is starting to have seperation anxiety. Will has long had this but now Wesley freaks out every time I get close to a door. Saturday I had to hold him all day because he would get upset if he couldn't see me. Sunday night at church he cried harder than I've ever seen him, and I had to go get him (I've never had to do that before with any of my kids.). If you know me, you know this causes me unending guilt that this is happening since I went back to work. I look forward to holding them as much as they want or will let me!

All the cute kids aside, obviously I mostly miss you my faithful blog readers! I will be back soon with my (literally) 12oo pictures I haven't had a chance to download since becoming a working mother! Don't worry, I'm too lazy to share quite that many!

See ya'll in 3 and a half...

2 comments:

Betty said...

I can't wait!

I've been missing the happenings of the Dodd family! You truly are a rockin' mom, wife, teacher, scrapbooking queen, and friend!!!

Shawn said...

Can't wait to have ya back! We welcome you with open poopy spit-up arms!
~H