Saturday, November 22, 2008

Help Me, Seriously, Help Me...

Wesley is back into pulling hair and with a vengance! Usually when they stand at the gate while I'm in the kitchen Wesley hauls off and pulls Will's hair. I'm talking to the point poor Will's entire body is bent backwards! It's horrible. If I tell him "no" or take his hand off he just laughs. I have held his hands to his side in a "time out". Today I even (gasp) smacked his little hand on the 5th time. He cried for a split second then laughed wickedly.

So, help me! Please leave me a commet and tell me how to discipline a 15 month old, or two:)
Yes, I realize I have had two before but never at the same time! I swear I have forgotten more than I have remembered about parenting my other two (or else would I have tried for a third?? just kidding :).

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Mom of one bully and one soon to be bald child!

6 comments:

Betty said...

Well...I will pray for you, FIRST!!!

I think being their mom makes it even more challenging to find the right solution to discipline. I will share that I have two 2 year olds, (ONE of them being my mine), and right now they are in a "screaming match" about everything and anything that makes "their" world go topsy turvy and I hav tried all of it too. The polite, "nice words, please." the time-out, the (gasp) spanking only my child of course:) and the "that's not very nice boys..."

So...I look forward to some wise words of proven techniques that fits one size fits all!!!

Again...all I have to offer is PRAYER and EMPATHY!

Love you!

Kyla said...

It is so much harder to disciple the little ones! But for the sake of little Will, maybe holding his hands in time out for two minutes- not looking at him?????

Ashley said...

You know you asked the wrong person... try a little tug on his hair after he does it... so he knows why it hurts and why you are saying no. If it is fun to him, he does not understand why it is not fun to Will. It is a game to him. If you show him why Will does not like it and that it hurts, he *Should* stop.

*** I am not advocting pulling his hair hard or to be mean, I am just saying to show him why Will does not like it and why you are saying no. If he has knowledge to attach it to it will have more meaning for him.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tonya, but I have to say this, pull his hair and let him know how it feels. I know, cruel, but he has to know that he is hurting his brother. Nommie

Dee'Anna said...

Hey girl,

Nice to see you back blogging. Well I would pull his hair everytime he pulls Will's hair. I know it's hard but it does work.

Miss see you guys

Dee'Anna

Anonymous said...

Have you tried having Will pull Wesley hair. I don't think Wes knows this hurts, his laughing proves this.