Saturday, January 9, 2010

Where Have I Been?

I'm sure the entire world has been wondering why I haven't been blogging. I'm sure my entire readership of 22 people have been bereft at my lack of posts. At least I know my Mawmaw has been because she let me know at Christmas that she's been checking it every day and.... A little guilt, but at least it confirmed I have one reader anyway :)

To answer the question of where I've been I'm afraid I'll have to take you all the way back to Thanksgiving. or as I like to call it "The Thanksgiving That Began My Mental Break Down." I realize that I am beyond blessed to have my entire family close by. For example, I've never had to pay for a babysitter (although I'm ready to at this point- keep reading...). Of course, all the family means a very busy holiday. We had 4 Thanksgiving dinners (and 8 Christmases but it'll be a month before I get around to posting about those!).

Here's a list of what my 2 2 year olds accomplished in those 4 Thanksgiving get togethers:

1. Probably placed some long distance calls:

2. Flushed a yellow crayon and stopped up the potty.
3. Table danced later jumping off it:

4. Never.sat.still.for.a.minute!!!
5. Tried to flush a volleyball, yes a volleyball!
6. Laughed and enjoyed getting their hands washed after playing with the volleyball while it was in the toilet:
7. Fell and but by the grace of God blinded himself on the corner of Nana's aggregate stairs:
8. Discovered an entire container of ring pops and began trying to eat them all:
9. While everyone else was eating a healthy dinner snuck in and got into the ice cream cones:

10. And for the grand finale: got into my grandmother's hearing aids which then ended up being stepped on and broken and are going to cost us FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS to repair. There is not a picture of that because I was too busy trying not to throw up imagining how much it was going to cost us!

As you can obviously see, life has been very busy and highly stressful for me and blogging has slipped down my list of priorities, after unstopping the toilet and contemplating going back to work and signing them up for daycare! I hope to get back on the bandwagon and will probably be going back to work part time anyway to pay for the hearing aid and plumbing damage wreaked by my Destructive Duo.

Pray for me, seriously- pray.for.me!

1 comment:

BlessingsAbundant said...

You know you have 2 readers.