Friday, July 9, 2010

A Chip Off the Ole' Pop...

I'm afraid Girl has gotten the ole' shaft when it comes to teaching her to ride her bike. She still had her training wheels on and none of us had really thought much about it. One afternoon she told Jon she wanted him to take them off. We were busy doing something, and the next thing we knew we looked up and she had a wrench out and was working on her wheels.
She did it too all by herself.
Then she got on and rode off down the hill and into the road with Jackson. There was no wobbling or Daddy following her with his hand on her back. I was a little sad at that missed moment but mostly just totally impressed by her!

As you can see by her face she was fairly pleased with herself as well:

We told her she was "a chip off the ole' Pop" with Pop being Jon's dad who can fix anything with a motor (not that you're old George- it's just a figure of speech!). Although I have to say that I believe she has one upped Pop in the wardrobe department. I mean it's been ages since I've seen him wear his pink sequin dance recital costume to work on cars!

No comments: