Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Can You Ever Teach Your Kids Too Much About the Bible...

As we got ready for church Sunday morning and my kids were pushing, fighting, picking and tattling for the 100th time I gave my Sunday morning lecture, "We're about to head to God's house and you two are not showing love for each other. Do you think God is very happy with how you are acting right now?"

Without missing a beat Ashton raised her hand and sang, "Thank God I serve a God of second chances!"
I think it is from their Christmas musical or something, but I got so tickled that she had an answer for getting her out of trouble, as usual.
Last night I just happened to finish up an amazing Bible study on Jonah, which was all about 2nd chances. God really talked to me yesterday about my attitude and self-centeredness. I am as much of a spoiled brat as Jonah ever was. As frustrated as I was with my kids for their constant misbehaving God has so much more reason to be frustrated with me for my constant sinning and lack of faith. Ashton was right, but actually I am so glad that He is a God of much, much more than just 2nd chances. I blew my 2nd chance long ago but am so glad my Father is slow to anger and abounding in love!
I think I'll join my precious little "circus missionary" raising my hands and singing to our awesome God!

1 comment:

Alicia (dna) said...

If there was a like button, I would click on it. So thankful for the study of Jonah!