Thursday, November 4, 2010

The World's First Circus Missionary...

Tonight we were watching the PBS special about circus life (that's what happens when I let Jon have the remote). We got to a bad patch with the road crew's language. I couldn't get it turned off fast enough so I just said, "Those people really need Jesus in their hearts."

Ashton immediately responded, "That's why I'm going to join the circus so I can tell them about Jesus. Each Sunday morning I'll have church and teach them about Jesus."

I asked her, "So, you're going to be a circus missionary?"

I heard Jon laughing from the kitchen. Then in a few seconds he came in acting like a clown, literally, spouting "Jesus loves you." Without missing a beat, Jackson jumped up dancing reciting John 3:16 and Ashton acted like a clown honking her nose and reciting Genesis 1:1.
Yeah, we're cool like that. If anyone is interested in sponsoring some circus missionaries feel free to contact me. Believe me, this is the perfect mission field for mt clowns!

1 comment:

BlessingsAbundant said...

Too Funny! I can see this working!