Thursday, May 29, 2008

9 Month Photo Shoot...

Well, it was time for our 9 month photo shoot and after how wonderful the 6 month pictures were, we went the cheap but far superioir route of using (and abusing) my sweet friend Amy. Where else would someone have the patience and, most importantly, perseverance to take pics for over 3 hours?! Not to mention Jackson was in some kind of boy heaven playing Star Wars with her son Liam for that long. Let me just say that trying to get 2 mobile babies to cooperate much less smile was EXHAUSTING! Getting even one picture would be amazing so this many great ones are nothing less than miracles!

These are the pictures Amy couldn't wait so e-mailed me tonight. I haven't even seen all of them, but here are my 20 or so favs:

Will with a rare serious face:
More like the Will we all know and love:
Wesley talking. This child has found his voice and is so excited about it he woke up at 5 a.m. talking and didn't stop until I finally stuck a bottle in his mouth at 6:30. This week alone he has learned to say, "bye-bye, uh-oh" plus know who Dada and Mama are.
Can I just tell you again how hard it is to get two babies to be still for a picture? We finally stuck them up high on a seat so they had to be still or fall off. I wish you could see me frantically spotting them and Jackson and Liam being goofballs to get these smiles!
All the previous grief was well worth it for this picture where Will put his arm around his brother!
I just find this picture absolutely beautiful. I love his little lips pursed:
Another favorite because #1 Wesley is doing the splits which is how he tends to stand and #2 Will looks like he's telling him something:
This is quintissential Will. We didn't mean to take their pictures on the stairs, but he crawled away to there and this is his all too familiar "oops, I'm busted maybe if I smile real cute she won't be mad" face!
After realizing the best way to get their real smiles was to let them think they were getting away with something, we let them pose on the stairs:
I've never really seen him (Will) do this before, but it made for a cute picture:
Guess whose nap time it was? I love that lip:
What a sweet genuine Wesley smile;
Wasn't it nice of Amy to paint her playroom walls the exact blue of the boys' outfits? Will was working this hat which was funny because he usually throws them on the floor in 1.2 seconds:
This picture had me floored because he looks so old. When did that happen?
Wesley wasn't crazy about the hat which is the opposite of how they usually roll:
The blue walls really brought out their pretty eyes:He too looks like a boy and not a baby :(
Amy disappeared for awhile, and I found her playing model with Ashton. She could be a model because she has the poses down, not to mention the required attitude! Check her out:
More pretty eyes:
My favorite overalls shot:
Amy asked Jackson if she could take his picture, and he happily obeyed. I don't know if that was because he's so used to having his picture taken, he likes Amy that much or he actually enjoys it? It doesn't matter why he did it, look at the great pictures I ended up with:
What a cutie!
OK, all you blog readers= PLEASE leave comments and tell me which ones are your favorites. If you've been to my house you know I'm running out of wall space so I need your help deciding which are wall worthy (though I think we all know they will all be scrapbook worthy!).
Wow, what a stressful but SO worth it day!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Alright, it took me the whole day to find time to write out my decisions. While they are all gorgeous, it is my duty as your photo consultant to narrow them down. Here goes:
#2
#5
#7
#8
#9
10
12

Ashley said...

Pick yeah right!!! I can't pick. I love them all.