Friday, September 5, 2008

Guess What My Student's Dog Did...

That's right, the first day homework was due in my new classroom, and I was told the dog probably ate her math paper. Seriously? I mean in the history of the world how many times do you think a dog has truly eaten someone's homework? What makes that ok anyway? Are we supposed to say, oh well if the dog ate then by all means go in peace.

Then there was the fact that another teacher's class was in my room while I wasn't there, and the principal came on the intercom asking for me and I heard them all yelling, "She's not in here. We don't know where she is." Great. The principal thinks I'm out to lunch on the 3rd day no less! Needless to say when I explained it to her she laughed it off. She is so great to work for and is making things so much easier! And I'm not even just saying that in fear that she will read my blog!

Today was pioneer day which translates into the fact that I had to teach about pioneer food 7 times to all of the second grade classes. It was exhausting! I had to chop apples, pass out dried fruit, bake and dish out baked beans all day. All in all it was really fun, but I left the baked bean covered crock pot soaking in my room, so the fun isn't over yet, yeah weekends at school!

Yesterday, I shared a Jackson story, so here's Ashton. I love getting to see her in the hallway because the kindergarten way of walking down the hall is "hips and lips" which is too darn cute because my girl is working it!

Today she told me, "When do I get to come volunteer in your classroom?" I guess in 5 year old world since I volunteer in her classroom, she should volunteer in mine! She continued, "The next time you do a craft I could come be your helper. I could teach your kids how to do crafts like teach them how to cut with scissors like a grown up." It never crossed her mind that 5 year olds don't usually teach 7 year olds!

If I can just get up there this weekend to clean and organize to my liking, next week should be awesome, for me anyway! The kids' chatty days are about to come to a sad end or they're going to loose some turtles (sure, it sounds funny but strikes fear into the kids because to lose one's turtle is a fate worse than...who knows, let's just hope it works!).

There are the stories of the day (at least the ones I can share and keep my job!), and I didn't think I'd have anything to blog about!

1 comment:

The Dodd Squad said...

How fun! Isn't 2nd the best! I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. Those kids are lucky to have you!