Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's the Small Things...

As I was enjoying a little 1 on 2 time (hey, when you have 4 one-on-one time is virtually unheard of and even one-on-two time is a gift), I was of course reading some blogs and the boys were sitting in front of me on the floor. Will found a Wendy's napkin under the couch (Wendy's stock is probably on a major upswing since I went back to work!). As I sat and watched, Will tore the napkin in half and gave Wesley half. Wesley took it and said, "tank chew" (i.e. thank you in his adorably sweet voice). Surely, you get what a big deal this moment was. Just five minutes earlier I was again watching them fight tooth and nail over a bottle. Every time this happens I am torn between the urge to break it up and the typically stronger urge to video it for future reference. So, to see them voluntarily sharing was so sweet and a mental picture I will need to hang on to it the terrible twos time two fast approaching! So, kudos to my sweet boys for sharing and using nice manners. I will think warmly of this moment even when you bite me as I am fishing around your mouths for pieces of yellow Wendy's napkin!

No comments: