Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Is It Worth It...

So, I now remember the answer to the age-old question, do teachers get paid enough? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Today was my first full day. I am beyond tired, ridiculously overwhelmed, and my throat hurts terribly because fussing at 4 kids all day doesn't strengthen your vocal cords enough to say, "Use your 6 inch voices please" 567 times!

So, is it worth it? Let's just say 12 weeks suddenly seems like an eternity, but they really are some sweet kids.

I haven't received the golden paycheck yet, but am pretty sure that won't make it worth it, but...

Conversation overheard between Jon and Jackson:

Jon: Is it nice having your mom at school?

Jackson: Yeah, it's great! All day long I could look across the cubby room and see her teaching, and it felt good. You know how like you could get scared because you don't know the answer to a math problem or something? Well, I'd look over and just see mommy, and it made me feel all better and not scared any more.

OK, worth it (but still excited about the paycheck!).

3 comments:

Betty said...

The conversation between J and J???
Soooo worth it!!!

Shawn said...

I've been dying to call you and ask how it's going!
~H

Kyla said...

I could cry....seriously. that is the sweetest thing ever. i hope Chloe feels the same....or she is obably too envolved with the "Days of Her Lives" love affair to realize I'm there! I love you and am so glad to partner with you in getting paid nothing and killing yourself for it!