Friday, January 2, 2009

What Happens When...

you send your family to bed and stay up late blogging? You get to your room and find there's no room in the inn,
not even on the couch in your bedroom...
but you're not too upset because you sneak into the best kept secret in the house, Jackson's bed. It sleeps better than any other and his room is so dark and cozy, a perfect "manger".

Unfortunately, there are animals in the manger like these guinea pigs I got suckered into keeping over the holidays. I couldn't sleep because they kept moving and making an amazing amount of noise for such little rodents. Then when it got dark I heard such a loud noise I imagined one had done a back flip. Then I started thinking of the Wonderpets and it really freaked me out thinking of them sneaking out of the cage and running around wearing little hats.

Needless to say, I went back to my bed and just pushed Jackson over. Then as I snuggled next to him I noticed how his feet were down next to mine and started thinking about what it felt like to snuggle him when he was little and then started getting sad realizing how fast he is growing.
I really didn't sleep well last night. Come to think of it, I better head to bed now before we have a repeat.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Betty said...

Is it bad to think Wonderpets might be real??? Ok...you had to be in Sunday School Class to know that I had had an RV of traveling mice family follow me on road trips. Like I said...you had to be there...miss you!

Darden Family said...

I just laughed so hard I think I wet my pants! "What's gonna' work? Team Work!" I may have nightmares about wonderpets tonight. Great to see home school was a success today! Teresa