Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Last Stop: The Mother Ship...

If you know me at all, you know I am a Coke addict (as in the drink obviously). Yes, I know it is awful for me and can be used to clean car motors, etc but I justify it that I don't drink or smoke so it's my 1 addiction. Therefore, I was determined that we would go to the World of Coke a.k.a. "The Mother Ship" while we were in Atlanta.
As a homeschool mom it was also a really great learning opportunity as they had lots of things representing cultures from around the world.


Our favorite thing we saw was the bear. He was so cool and funny. We could've watched him all day. I was really wishing the twins could've seen him though they probably would've been terrified!

They have an awesome 4-D movie where you feel and smell things. Everyone loved it and Jon and I loved hearing Nana laugh!!!


The last stop was a tasting station from each continent where you could taste products they sell around the world. Some weren't too bad although they were all terrible sweet, and some were just awful...



If you are planning a trip to Italy any time in the future, please see me so I can warn you about a drink which was the worse things I've ever tasted in my life! Nana tried to warn Jackson and I how bad it was, but we were all about getting the experience so tried it. Big mistake...
At the end is the real all-American Coke station. We were excited to say the least. I don't know if it was due to all the horrible tasting things we had tried or if it was the fact that it came from a tap and was perfectly cold without need for ice, but it was THE BEST Coke I have ever drank. I honestly wanted to punch the employee that told me I couldn't take the cup with me!
We all enjoyed our visit and highly recommend it if you will be in Atlanta. This was a wonderful trip, and it was so fun to take our first trip with Nana and Pop. I hope we didn't scare them off because we had so much fun we'd love to travel with them again!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: