Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This Is Just Not How I Had My Week Planned...

I had big plans for this week. My house was clean and I had lots of projects in mind, not to mention preparing for my daughter's b-day party and our trip to Atlanta this weekend. Instead, I was woken up by Wesley in the wee hours Sunday morning because he was running a fever. That fever continued until Tuesday morning. Which meant I got nothing done but holding a whining baby. Just when he was starting to feel better Tuesday afternoon, Will fell down on our front porch and proceeded to bleed everywhere. We were having to hold him sideways to keep him from choking on his blood. While Jon help him I ran around frantically getting ready to go to the emergency room (jeans to replace my pj pants, 2 diaper bags so we could drop Wesley off, rags to soak up the blood, insurance cards, etc...). Then we realized Jon had been cleaning the van and had taken the entire seat out. Thankfully, we have wonderful neighbors who allowed me to throw the 3 uninjured kids at them as we sped away. We actually took Will to the pediatrician's so they could tell us if we needed to go to the ER. They determined he had bitten completely through his tongue but decided we didn't need to go because the tongue apparently heals quickly.
This is what Will looked like:

I actually left him in his bloody clothes thinking the doctor would see him faster! Mine and Jon's clothes looked about as bad. When he was walking around the doctor's office, we noticed his shirt looked like the 2 dinosaurs had gone on a bloody rampage!!!

When we got home we realized his tongue was worse (but our friendly neighborhood nurse assured a panicking mommy it would be OK- thanks SM!). I was trying to get a picture of it and he was just enjoying everyone trying to get him to stick his tongue out!

At least 1 of my children listens!

I did actually get a picture of his tongue but will spare you as this post has been bloody enough!
Then after being up with him late last night I thought today would be easier. Then Jackson came down and his hand looked like Mickey Mouse's! He had gotten stung Monday and today it was swollen up grotesquely. So, out of pj's we jumped and headed off to the doctor's again. She thought Jackson would be OK and just needed Benadryl and ice. However, she looked at Will's tongue and felt it needed a stitch. She told us to stay around Franklin and she would try to get us in to see a ENT at Vandy. Three hours later the head ENT told us it would heal itself so another day where I got nothing accomplished!
Meanwhile, Jon had been up working since 2:30 and was fading fast. He went down for a nap and Jackson apparently doesn't get sleepy like most people on Benadryl, he gets mean and weepy. After screaming that he didn't want to be a part of our family any more and weeping to the point I thought he was throwing up, the babies woke up both crying hysterically and I woke Jon crying hysterically!!!
Like I said, not exactly how I had my week planned but at the end of the day everyone is relatively healthy and I am beyond tired and going to bed. The packing can wait, can't it?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

roza said...

UM. I don't even know where to start...That poor baby and POOR MOMMA!!!!!I am trying not to laugh but I am in Disbelief! I think you are superwoman...I just love your blogs...How's his tongue now?!

Big Nanny said...

Wow, so sorry. The dinosaur shirt is hilarious:)