Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas #4:We start Christmas Eve with breakfast at Grandmother's. Heather and I helped cook for the first time. I guess we're grown ups officially!

After we force the kdis to eat, we tear into the gifts. The hit gifts for the kids were Webkinz, more about that later!Ashton's favorite gift was a chef outfit complete with her name on it since cooking cupcakes is her and Grandmother's thing!
A quick aside: the ball just dropped as I type this. They say what you're doing at midnight on New Year's is what you'll be doing all year so I guess get ready for some great posts this year!

We always take family shots in front of the tree, see the much grown Dodd clan (note my carefully crafted matching outfits and Wesley in a baseball outfit since he spit up on his nice outfit!). We also always take a sister picture. When I said time for a sister picture my sweet baby girl ran and grabbed my hand bc/ the only way she got over her severe disappointment of not having a sister was by deciding that she and I are sisters, so she figured she should be in the picture and I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise!
Wesley models mine and Jon's favorite gift- formula!
The scariest for moms and most exciting for kids gift was this go cart from my dad. I can't even wrap my mind around it yet!


We actually got time for naps. Jackson was so cute. He fell asleep while building his electric circuits kit, one shoe on one off.

#5:Christmas Eve night, Mawmaw's. We celebrate with over 30 people (the scary part as I look about all those people I realize they all come from Mawmaw's 4 children, like me one day- LOVE IT!). The twins fell asleep on the couch. It was funny because they were sleeping in the exact same position. I absolutely love this picture of Will with the tree lights behind him.
Wesley and his too cute uncle Ty.
What a great big brother, teaching Will how to play piano already!

After all this fun, time to head home and jump in our matching pj's before Santa comes!

No comments: