Monday, December 3, 2007

It was bound to happen...

and it finally did. It's a good thing Jon had his "procedure" because we can't handle 5 kids apparently. Here's what happened (and I pray that child services don't happen to read my blog!). Baylor came home with us after church to hang out until choir practice. We had to drive to church seperately since our van can't handle 5 kids. I was a little ahead of Jon with the babies and the girl. Jon pulled in when I was carrying Wesley in. I made sure he saw me with Wes. The big kids were running around, and Jon and I were doing a dozen things. Suddenly I stopped and asked Jon if he brought Will in. He said he didn't! Will had been asleep THANK GOODNESS! He was only there about 5 minutes, but it was a horrifying feeling. Like I said, it was bound to happen! Of course, having twins we work really hard not to play favorites, or least favorites as in this case! So, since we left Will in the car, we let Wesley ride to church last night not fully buckled in-yikes! Jon and I decided it probably wasn't our best day in parenting history, and I know that he is thrilled that I'm posting it for the world to see! Here's to a better tomorrow (and by better I mean hopefully less than 50% of our children's lives will be endangered! YIKES, I'm abbout to call child services on myself!).

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sorry... not to lessen your pain but you had me giggling with that lessons post.

And, I feel so bad that one of your children had to suffer because of my child... perhaps he enjoyed the quiet 5 minutes... I know I would!

Shawn said...

Oh man that's one of my nightmares! I feel fairly confident that I could leave one of mine in the van at any given moment. Luckily, Mia is my brain and keeps me straight most of the time.

At least it happened in the winter and not in the heat of the summer!