Thursday, May 21, 2009

That Should Work...

I was reading an e-mail from Dr. Gary Chapman talking about teaching children obedience (I just got it in my e-mail box and I'm wondering who told him I needed it :). Any way, I thought it was kind of funny but probably very effective:

"Do you want to teach your child not to smoke cigarettes? Then don't smoke yourself, and make it a family rule. In our family, no one smokes cigarettes. If we break the rule we must eat a carrot - the whole thing. This will give the body beta carotene to overcome the nicotine, and chances are the teen will think twice about smoking a second time.If there is a second violation, a $25 donation to the American Heart Association, picking up 100 cigarette butts from the street and putting them in a trash can, and reading an article on the dangers of nicotine to the lungs will probably be enough to convince him that smoking is for camels and not for children. The third level is spending a day with a man who is dying of lung cancer. Your children are smart. Expose them to the truth."

It leaves me wondering what I should do for the problems around here:

Never picking up anything- I should do like KC and throw all things not picked up away, but I'm a softie. Maybe I should do an AJ and go on strike and see how long it takes before they hate living in a trash heap?

You know what? I don't think I need Dr. Chapman's e-mails, my friends are a wealth of ways to torture, I mean discipline, my children!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Hey, I NEVER said to put soap in their mouths! At least my torture isn't physical! Hee ee