Monday, May 4, 2009

There Will Come A Day...

when my sink won't be full of dozens of sippy cups,
when there aren't little handprints on all my windows,
when I won't have so much laundry to do,
when I won't have to make another peanut butter and jelly sandwich,
when everyone can blow their nose without my help,
when I'm not covered with little bodies every time I sit on the couch,
when my entire days will be as quiet as naptime,
when toys won't be the main decor in my house,
when I won't be awoken in the night by warm bodies climbing into bed,
when cartoons won't always be on my TV,
when I'll have plenty of time to clean and read,
when my shirts won't be covered with food, drool and other stuff,
when my kitchen floor won't be covered with discarded food,
when my trash won't be 80% diapers,
when my weekends won't be full of ballgames and birthday parties,
when I won't be asked to watch video games and impromptu dance numbers,
when I won't cry wondering how I'll ever get it all done,
when I won't beg Jon to hurry home so I can get a break.

That day will come, but for today on this cozy, rainy day I am lazily cuddling on the couch, naughtily not doing school and appreciating every book reading, baby giggling, video game spectating, nose wiping, toy spreading, Word World watching, sippy cup filling, breakfast throwing, belly tickling moment.

Hope you are too.

6 comments:

Betty said...

You deserve the Mom of the Year award!!! May you continue to have many many days like these...
Happy Early Mother's Day!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Perspective! I needed that today! THANKS!

Kyla said...

And that will be the day we say...I wish they were little again! I love you!

Belle said...

Enjoy all the precious moments some wish these times away and when they are gone they wish those times to come back :) Tonya Dodd

ourfamilyofdodds.blogspot.com

love to browse your site......the other Tonya Doddd

Granda said...

That was very cool TL. You'll never know how many times I have regretted not spending as much time with you and your sisters when I had the chance.

Try not ot make that mistake with the grandones.

See ya soon, Granda

Karen said...

Oh how we will miss these days when that day comes. My kids were at their grandparents last night, and I got bogged down thinking about the fact that someday my kids won't be gone for just a night, but forever -- I couldn't even sleep.