Saturday, October 24, 2009

Anniversary Surprise...

I know the standard joke is to blame everything on your mother-in-law, but I honestly lucked up and got the best in-laws around. They have been married 40 years this year. I'd been thinking all year that we had to do something special. We decided to have them a surprise party. First, we snuck in their house and stole all their old pictures. The kids were very upset that we were stealing! We then used their wedding picture to invite friends and family.
We had the food:

We had cute girls:

We had a huge banner:

All we needed were 2 unsuspecting people who thought they were coming to my party. They were very surprised!

Lucky Nana and Pop were treated to an impromptu stunt show:


We got to visit, eat and enjoy the centerpieces made of old pictures of them:

The stunt drivers took a break for some food:
The highlight was the video we made of all their pictures through the years. Jon and I had a great time making it, and it was fun to watch all together. We made sure to put lots of embarrassing pictures-of everyone!


Wesley enjoyed the video more than anyone even though he had watched it at home several times as we previewed it. He's laugh and point out people. He really loved the "Bad to the Bone" song that played when Pop's childhood pictures came on. He'd sing,"I Bad Bone".
David enjoyed his embarrassing photos too!
When it was present time there had to be a monkey card- it's a Dodd tradition:
Of course, Ashton made a gift:
And, of course, I made a scrapbook. This one was of all their wedding pictures and was beautiful, if I do say so myself :)
As the party wound down for the adults, the kids were just getting going.The twins had Uncle David pushing them around in the go kart:
Addie was farming with some chips:
Their were more stunts and some wrecks:
Their audience was munching and cheering:
This was my favorite shot of the day of my sweet hubby and my cutie nephew:

It was a great honor to do something for Nana and Pop who do so much for us. It really was a fun party and a great entrance into the next 40 years!

No comments: