Friday, October 23, 2009

Yeah, That's My Boy, Actually His Daddy's...

Jackson has taken the big step to kid pitch baseball this season. He is one of the younger kids on the team. At practice they asked who all was interested in being a pitcher. We have in no way pressured him to be a pitcher, but he does know that's what his daddy played. He is determined to be one, of course! So, at practice he would try pitching, and Jon said he did really well. Jon decided not to coach this time so he could help me with the twins but mostly so he could focus on helping Jackson something he never gets to do when coaching everyone. Therefore, when it came time for the first game we had no idea if Jackson would pitch at all since he is so young and this is his first year. We walk up to the field and the coaches yelled, "Go warm up Jackson you're our opening pitcher."
We were floored and really proud. To be chosen to be the opening pitcher in your very first ever kid pitch game is pretty impressive I think! Then when it came time for the game to begin I was a mess! If you'll remember I cried at his last game last season because it would be the last time his dad would pitch to him, and this time I teared up because he was so big and looked so much like his dad!
This was the first pitch because you know I was snapping some pics between tears!



How about that form?
He really did a great job. He had 2 strikes on the first batter when he hit him- oh well! I'm sure the kid jumped in front of the ball ;)
He did strike out a few, and we were obviously very proud. However, it is nerveracking being the pitcher's mom. I found myself holding my breath and trying to will the ball to be a strike just like I used to when his daddy was pitching!
Sorry for all the bragging, but this was a really big moment for us! I wonder what we'll do if both boys want to be pitchers? You can't have 2 opening pitchers??? I think a pitcher and a catcher will be a neat match except they will probably fight over what pitch to throw!
Anyway, a great night for our great budding pitcher!

No comments: