Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Boo to You...

This Halloween I was really trying to be thrifty since to even buy a $25 costume would be $100! I wanted to make everyone's costume,but Ashton wouldn't hear of it! Luckily, I found hers on sale and it really was a beautiful costume. I didn't have much luck getting the twins to wear any costume so I just let them wear Jackson's old baseball uniforms because I knew they would be really excited since they are obsessed with baseball. That left me sewing a mummy costume. I put him off from being something scary for 8 Halloweens so I figured I finally needed to give in a little (plus it matched Cleopatra and I love me some matching outfits!). I was sewing the strips on him an hour before, but I think it turned out great!

This picture is so typical of "The Queen" as she rolls her beautifully make-uped eyes:

While this picture won't be on our Christmas card, it is still great because no one is crying! That doesn't happen often.

Nana and Pop reverse trick-or-treated us so we didn't have to drag kids everywhere. That is so nice.

Donnie and Grandmother got spooked too.

I love this picture in some twisted way!

Jon and I another of those "look how many kids we have" moments as they filled the porches we visited. These boys totally got the concept. They would hold out their treat bags. Will was the cutest because he said thank you a thousand times even turning around and yelling all the way down the driveway. I love that boy's heart.
Then we headed to our church's fall fest- for about 5 minutes. I just don't do crowds- especially with 2 little ones I was so afraid of loosing. So, Will ended up here as we made a quick exit. He appears happy with his quick loot anyway.
We decided we'd rather visit with cousins. We saw a beautiful princess:

a handsome knight (beneath the helmet):
and a little pumpkin who didn't seem to sure about what was going on:

Then as we were saying good-bye I was surprised to see they had a scary decoration hanging from their tree when I realized it was my son swinging!

We had a great night herding our little goblins!

No comments: