Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pumpkin Patch...

This year we tried out a new pumpkin patch, Lucky Lad Farms. It's actually owned by a guy I went to school with. This was a big step for me because I am all about the tradition of going to Gentry's Farms every year. I am so glad I did though because we had a perfect day at an awesome patch. Of course, we still went with the traditional Dodd-Moore-Dickson combo. I love to see these kids together knowing they've known each other since birth and now are this big:

We were also thrilled when Nana and Pop decided to come along because what isn't more fun with them?

The boys did earn their keep by doing a little milking:

Speaking of tradition, these are probably both outfits that Jackson once wore to the pumpkin patch. I call this my "Been farming long?" picture. (You have to leave me a comment and tell me if you know the picture I'm talking about.)

Wesley was crazy about this goat. He just followed it around petting it and saying, "goat, goat".

Ashton found a goat buddy of her own- the hay helped:

Look at my boy who is well trained on his 9th pumpkin patch trip and knows to smile because it is mommy's favorite picture taking day of the year :)
I love these pictures I got of Will who loved the playset they had. Although in this picture his hair isn't sticking up from static like it did most of the time:I heart this pic:
The absolute highlight of the day was this awesome slide. I wish I could build one we had so much fun!
And by we- I mean all of us even Will and Wesley (especially Will) loved going down the slide.


What isn't fun about a huge crib full of corn to play in (except for corn getting in your diaper!):
It's fun for all ages (I would've crawled in in a second if the other parents wouldn't have minded me sitting on some kids).

Of course, we had to go on a hayride. The best part was how excited Will and Wesley were to see a tractor.

Even at such a happy place, I can't get my kids to all smile for a picture,oh well!

The owner told me they were thinking of opening it in spring when the baby animals are born. They also are thinking of renting it for birthday parties. The kids voted right then to have their birthday all together this summer at the patch- can't wait. Then maybe ya'll can see how cool I look going down that slide!

No comments: