Tuesday, November 3, 2009

If I Had Known This Would Be the Last...

picture I would take of my beautiful baby girl with her beautiful baby front teeth I would've snapped away.

Wednesday Ashton lost her first front tooth. She's lost other teeth on the side and the bottom, but this is the big front tooth! This is the big one that heralds the passage from little girl to big girl. Songs have been written about this experience (OK, only 1 song that I know of and Christmas is in there too!). I was unprepared for how much this would effect me and how sad I would be. It's just that her look has changed so much.

I realize I might be a little over dramatic, but look again at those 2 pictures. Doesn't she look more like a big girl? She's my only girl and I'm taking these passages of time pretty hard :)

Time for a little confession: part of the reason this is bothering me so much might be the fact that I sped up the process- ACCIDENTALLY! We were playing on Sunday morning. She didn't want me to brush her hair so she'd pull down on the hairbrush, and I'd pull up. Then she bent her knees or something and went down and her teeth hit the counter and started bleeding. It had already been a little loose but now it was really wiggly. Now you see why I am feeling so bad- I knocked out my baby's tooth! Whew, it's good to get the truth out there! Maybe the confession will help me be not so sad? :)

There are 2 positives though. She is as beautiful an almost big girl as she was a little girl, and she is having a lot of fun sticking her tongue through the hole.

Now we're taking bets on whether or not her 2nd one will fall out by December so she can sing the aforementioned song! Hopefully, if it does I will have had nothing to do with it!

1 comment:

Fireman Max said...

madmax0132
The same thing happened to me when I was little. The both came out at the same time at Christmas as I was trying to do what my Papaw and dad were doing by catching a peppermint ball in my mouth as I ran into a chair. OUCH! BAD MEMORIES! :)