Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Best Baby Shower Ever

So, I just returned from my baby shower which was incerdible! It could have been 1 person in a bare room and I would have been excited bc/ I was out of the house, but it was much more than that! It was incerdibly beautiful. The food was wonderful, of course, and the best part- they made me scrapbook pages- 2 of each!!!!!!!!!!!!! They rewrote nursery rhymes which were hillarious! I should post the video of everyone reading theirs, but that might get me in trouble with a few people! There were so many gifts and a great mix of fun and practical. Again I am reminded of how blessed I am, not to mention twice blessed with 2 well-loved twins! Thank you so much to all of you who helped and came!

Perhaps the best part was my daughter being there. These things are usually mommies only, but as you all know she's been sad not to have a sister. So, she decided that she and I are sisters. It's really sweet when she calls me sister, or she says, "I'll share with you Mommy because that's what sisters do (I don't tell her not all sisters share)." She has been more excited about the shower than me! Last night, we had our first, of many to come, "Fancy Nancy Party" (named after her favorite book). We did fancy lotion, painted our finger and toenails, and curled our hair. It was her first time to sleep in the pink spongy curlers (I'll post pics soon but can't download them from the couch). Seeing her in those pink curlers reminded me so much of my childhood! This morning, we fixed our hair, put on our matching blue outfits, and added a little make-up. All the while we talked fancy, called each other "Darling" and blew kisses to the boys and told them, "ta-ta" bc/ that's what you do when you're fancy! My fancy girl helped me open all the presents and loved it!

What a great day!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

It was very nice!! I am so glad that I got to stop by... but so sorry that I did not get to stay long. By the way... for a woman on constant bed rest... you look smashing!

Dee'Anna said...

Hey Girl, I know we have not seen each other in a while but know Travis and I are praying for you guys. Trust me I know how it is being on bed rest. With Cole I would cry just to go to the doctors. I hope everything is going well.
Love Dee'Anna

Sonja said...

I tried to play "Fancy Nancy" with Grant but he didn't go for it. I guess I'll have to borrow Ashton. My own sister lives too far away! Little girls..........ahhh.....so sweet and pink......

Anonymous said...

Tonya...thank you for sharing your blog with us. I LOVE your fancy nancy story. See you soon. :0)

Shawn said...

Mia and I LOVE Fancy Nancy! Do you have the Posh Puppy one? "Posh, that's a fancy word for fancy." Too cute. Can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes today.
Heather

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I couldn't be at your shower, but at least now I am tonsil free & healed for the arrival of the new boys & less likely to be carrying strep around all the time, I wil be able to see my nephews when they are born... in August. When I come over Mon. will you role my hair in pink spongy rollers?? I miss those guys!
Ta-Ta for now!
YOUR sister,
Heather