Monday, June 4, 2007

and their names are........

Wednesday morning when we got the news that my cervix had thinned to 9mm (yikes!), Jon and I looked at each other. I said, "We have to pick names!" and he said, "I have to finish their room!" So, we finally decided that our boys will be Jon Wesley (called Wesley) and Wilmont Clark (called Will). His name is after my grandfather whose middle name was Wilmont and my other grandfather whose initials were WC and Jon's maternal grandfather who was Willy Clark. Jon has worked tirelessly and is ready to start painting the new wall he biult to add our fourth bedroom! He has been so amazing with everything on his plate!!!!

Lots of you have been so wonderful and concerned about us over the last stressfull week. Wed. when my ultrasound showed me down from 31mm to 9mm things got kind of scary. The technician woldn't let me off the table until she talked to the doctor. She sent us to the hospital through the emergency room, not admitting like the week before. We were expecting to just be monitored, but it got even scarier when we got to the room. They all swarmed in and were taking my blood and putting in an IV. When they wouldn't let me eat I realized they were acting like I was in labor. Next, I was given steroids to mature their lungs in case they were premature. Thank God, I never had any contractions. They aren't sure why my cervix thinned that much. I was kept overnight in order to receive the 2nd shot for their lungs.

Then Thursday night I had contractions all night long and ended up in the hospital again but just for a few hours. That afternoon my ultrasound showed my cervix thicker at a 12. I never thought I'd be so thankful for 3 mm! I'm now on anti-contraction medicine every 6 hours as well as another kind if I start feeling contractions. I am on bedrest permanently and just praying for and celebrating every day they stay in!

Everyone asks me when they are expecting me to deliver, and I don't think anyone knows, but God and I'm begging him for 38 weeks like I have from day 1 bc/ I want to take them home and not have to leave them in a NICU!

I go back to the doctor Wed. and will keep you posted. Please pray fervently as it's too early by far.

Congrats to Brent and Ashley who got their baby girl, Eliza, today. They are my happy thought for the week!

No comments: