Thursday, June 14, 2007

If only I could have chocolate...

Today has been my worse day. Ashton has rehearsal for her ballet recital today which is the only time you're allowed to do your own video and pictures. I've been telling myself that I was going to take her, but realized this morning that it would put my twins at risk. The practice is in Columbia, and I don't know how much walking will be involved. Plus, I CAN NOT miss the recital tomorrow night. But, it's my only daughter's 1st 1st recital. I wanted to be there to calm her fears (if she has any) and put her in her tutu! Plus, tomorrow the kids have a swim performance which is also in Columbia that I don't want to miss, but would involve me driving all the way to Columbia twice, which considering my bad check up Tues. probably not the best of ideas.

This morning was the first time I had to really wrestle with different children needing different things from me. Picking between your children's needs is awful! Poor Jon had to leave me crying this morning. He's such a softy. Once I started crying he said, "Just Go." I told him he's going to have to be tougher and not let me have my way just because I cried- but only until I'm off bed rest. Then the tears should let me have my way!

I guess God heard me crying and sent me my mommy though. She unexpectedly showed up at 9 instead of 12 when I expected her. She immediately did all the laundry and cleaned the babies' room (thanks to some prep work by my wonderful cleaning friends: Kyla, Jennifer and Melanie!!!!). I'm feeling much better having the house be so clean and getting closer to ready for the little ones.

Sorry so sad today. I'm not complaining, just adapting. God has blessed me with an amazng groups of friends and church family, a supportive family, 30 weeks and counting, no IV sticking in my arm, and I'm home!

5 comments:

JLCarson said...

Hang in there girl. It's just a few more weeks. If you ever want to vent or just chat, give me a call. I'm here at the house all day long working and would love a break especially to help cheer up a friend. Enjoy your down time and take it easy. All of this bedrest will be worth it when you see those two little boys in your arms. :)

Jodie

Shawn said...

Don't worry about Ashton. There were no fears for her today. She did a great job and did everything she was supposed to do, right on cue. We look forward to seeing your tomorrow at the recital.

Heather

Ashley said...

Ecclesastes 3:1

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the sun."

I know you are not enjoying this season right now... but before you know it... let's just say a new season will begin ( and you and Ashton will be outnumbered)

Anonymous said...

Tonya....I hate that you had such a bad day. I know you are being well taken care of this week though. Can't wait for you to come back to the block so we can invade your home again! May the Lord draw near to you and carry you through.

Dee'Anna said...

Hey Girl,

I know what you are going through. I am praying for you and the family! I know we are far away but if you need to come down there and do anything just let me know love the Midgett's