Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And the Verdict Is In...

strep throat! Yeah me! Actually I'm feeling much better. Now you don't have to avoid me since I don't have mono! The second doctor visit was really upsetting. She told me I was really too old for mono. Was that called for? Why kick someone when they are already down? Then she told me they weren't sure if I had mono or strep throat so I got to choose what I wanted to be treated for. If I take antibiotics but have mono they can make me break out in a painful rash. But if I have strep throat and don't take the medicine then it won't get better. Great, thanks for letting me choose! I went with the antibiotics because I was so miserable I wanted anything. Then they called today to say I actually did have strep. Thank goodness I'm on the mend because that was the worst sore throat I've ever had. Enough whining, I just wanted to let everyone know they don't have to avoid me, for that reason anyway!

No comments: