Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thank You Sunday School Teachers...

Last Sunday was promotion day at our church, but my kids obviously missed it since I was at home thinking I'd swallowed glass. So, tonight they were telling me all about it and were so excited. Ashton loved getting to go to the upstairs Basic Training and couldn't stop talking about Mr. Rick who gave them dolls he brought back from his mission trip where "he went to help those kids who didn't have bathrooms!" She fervently prayed for those kids in Guatemala or was it Nicaragua? She and Jackson had a huge debate over which one it was. I think the fact that we prayed for Mr. Brent when he went to both places on mission trips or to bring home his princessa kind of got them all confused!

I also love the prayer request "gossip" because she came home telling me that Mr. Ricky called her teacher and said he was in the hospital so she had to pray for him. I told her that I saw Mr. Ricky in Big Church because Jackson chased him down with his offering today (btw: his own money from his allowance, it sure means a lot more when they have to earn the money to give- at first they are a little reluctant but then are really proud when they get to church and put it in the bag!) because he couldn't get it out of his pocket before the bag went by. Still, she insisited we have to pray for Mr. Ricky and in fact I had to go back to her room because in the excitement of praying for bathrooms for the Guatemalan kids we forgot, and she yelled to remind me!

She also thought kindergarten Sunday School with Mrs. Heather was SO fun. They got to make banana pudding and make not one but 2 crafts! She couldn't believe how cool that was. Way to go Mrs. Heather. You won her love and affection at the craft table, well played.

Even Jackson said Sunday School was really fun. I know that doesn't make for an exciting post but any good adjective is high praise when coming from a 7 year old boy.

Will and Wesley even moved up to the crawler class. When I picked Will up (Wesley was asleep) I have never seen a child look more proud of himself over the fact that he was sitting in the "big" table with the chairs built right in eating Cheerios. He was shoveling those Cheerios in as fast as he could and just a-grinning. I almost never got his attention to even tell him I was there until I got down to his level. Of course, now when I think back on it he usually only smiles that big when he is up to something. Coupled with the fact that he wasn't making eye contact with any adults, I'm pretty sure he thought he was getting away with something!

This isn't to say they didn't love the classes they were in before. In fact, I have been amazed and humbled by all the people who give of their time and talents to demonstrate Christ's love to my children. I also know that there are several of you who read this blog who help behind the scenes too, and I truly appreciate what you do as well. I just wanted to share these cute "testimonies" from my kids and how much they love all of you. Mostly, I felt the need to take this chance to thank all of you and let you know that God truly will bless your service and these seeds you're planting are already growing to fruition in our home and will only spread. God bless!

*The validity of all these happenings were based on statements given by a 4 year old girl with a great imagination and may not have any basis in fact. This blog nor its typer make no gaurantees if there was any banana pudding or Guatemalan dolls or if in fact there is a sick Mr. Ricky in some hospital somewhere!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Banana pudding, yes. Two crafts no, BUT one craft and a rockin hands-on sort some oats, corn, rice and pasta activity.

Thanks for the props, Ashton!