Thursday, April 12, 2007

Busy, but blessed weekend
























I'm so excited to finally be doing a new post! I've tried several times and my internet hasn't been working right, and then there was the time I typed a great post only to try and move a picture and lost the entire thing!!!

Just like the rest of you, baseball season combined with Easter made for a CRAZY weekend! The kids actually begged not to go to the church Easter egg hunt bc/ it was so cold! Instead we colored eggs, not my favorite indoor activity- especially since last year Jon taught Jackson how to play catch with the broken ones, and he wanted to play that in the house!

Next, we had Jackson's first ball game which was cold but fun. His team did an amazing job! He played catcher which is not his favorite position as you can see in the pic with the ball whizzing by!

If I do say so myself, the Dodd clan was looking good Easter morning in our matching blue! I wonder if I'll be able to coordinate 6 outfits next Easter???

By far, the highlight of the weekend was Jackson getting baptized. As a baby he was dedicated on Mother;s Day, so why not get baptized on Easter! It was a great moment as we had 16 family members there to witness. He looks a little nervous, but really he was just checking out the crowd to see if he could see people he knew. Jon and I were so proud and thought he did a great job. We really love hearing him explain it to his sister. He understands the gospel better than most of us adults probably!
One of the most moving moments of my life happened just after when I was drying him off in the changing room. I asked him what did it feel like. He looked right in my eyes and in the most sincere, amazed voice I've ever heard said, "It felt like God touched me." The spiritual wisdom of a 6 year old had me bawling. If only the doubters in the world could have looked into his eyes at that moment, they would have seen God shining there!

So, that was our weekend. We survived (poor Jon almost didn't with a hormonal, stressed out wife!) and were reminded that in between the craziness there is a more important reason for Easter.
Glad to be posting again, though I don't like all the pics at the beginning and have more to learn about the blog world! No posts this weekend bc/ I'm heading to a cabin with the girls to scrapbook like I have thousands of pics and 2 more kids and scrapbook subjects on the way- wish me endless energy and productivity, and for those of you who go to our church, please feel free to fix Ashton's hair as Jon will be getting her ready for church Sunday by himself (or at least take a pic of it for me!)!




1 comment:

Ashley said...

HEY! Finally... I was getting worried that it might be the Dodd "weekly" Doses ( he he he). It was a special weekend!

BTW... I upload all my pics first then switch from compose mode to HTML mode and then you can type between the pics.