Thursday, April 5, 2007

Getting to know my babies

It's hard enough when you have children remembering who did what when, ex: did Ashton walk earlier or Jackson? But, try having 2 who are at the exact same stage in life doing the exact same type of things, plus since they are in utero, they don't have specific personalities or even faces to put with the memory! Thus, I thought it would be great to do a profile of what I know about each baby so far. Besides, this will help all of you get to know them then maybe you can help in the WE CAN"T AGREE ON NAMES trauma going on around here!

BABY A:
location: my right, head up, feet down
size: at 18 weeks, 8 oz. (1 bigger than his brother)
nicknames: Tom (of Tom and Jerry, we've all called them this since the beginning); Carrot (Ashton is now calling them broccoli and carrot)
habits: morning person- moves more in morning than B

He's my sneaky child. I hardly ever felt him moving and thought he was going to be calmer than his wiggly brother. At our ultrasound at 17 weeks he wouldn't cooperate for a profile shot. Yet at our big, long ultrasound at 18 weeks he wiggled and flipped and turned the entire time. He kicked like a soccer player (Jon is scared that the odds are 1 out of 4 is going to want to play soccer!). Jon kept marveling at how much he was moving and how I couldn't feel what looked to be really strong kicks. It turns out that the way he is laying he has been kicking my placenta so I couldn't feel the kicks. Pretty sneaky for one that young but probably a blessing because I'm not ready to feel as much kicking as he was doing! He moves so much the ultrasound technician was laughing at how wild he was and asked me if I had drank caffeine that day (like a patient she once had who's friend told her to drink 3 Mellow Yellows before her ultrasound so she'd get to see them move, duh!). She ended up not even being able to get all the shots she needed bc/ he was so wiggly!


BABY B
location: my left side, head down feet up (Jackson giggled at the ultrasound bc/ some pictures show them head to bottom bc/ they are laying different ways!).
size: at 18 weeks, 7 ounces the "little" brother- so far, but it is a GREAT sign that they are about the same size!
nicknames: Jerry (like the mouse, not Jerry Moore who wants to take one of the boys off our hands!), and broccoli
habits: night owl, like Mommy! I stay up later than I should and then when I am ready to finally go to sleep I lay down only to lay there for 30 minutes to an hour while he has his party!

This is my stubborn child (like Mommy again?). He doesn't like it when people crowd him. Once when Jackson was laying on my side, he started kicking him. He's the only one Jon has felt so far (at the aquarium in Gatlinburg) bc/ if you push on him he'll kick- strongly! When I lay down on my left side he starts kicking. He was the first one I ever felt move. In fact, I only felt A move bc/ he kicked him and A kicked back a second later! I've felt his movements for months now. I can feel him easier bc/ his feet are pointing up and a lot of time lodge in my ribs (which I know is only going to get worse as those little feet get bigger!). At our 18 week ultrasound and this week, he had his back turned. He wouldn't turn so we could get a profile shot (1 wouldn't cooperate each time- it doesn't bode well for all those photo shoots I have planned!). She wriggled and shook him and he just kept his back turned! Dr. Woodall Monday had to locate his heart beat from the back bc/ he wouldn't turn around. Still, I feel like I know him better bc/ he does move so often. He makes me smile a lot knowing he's in there just living it up!

So, those are my twins, so far. I can't wait to look back on this years from now and see if their personalites are still like they are now! Feel free to suggest some names, don't make them have to be Tom and Jerry forever- which is what Jackson and Ashton are hoping for- but have you seen what Tom and Jerry can do to a house????????????????

3 comments:

Dee'Anna said...

Glad to see you are blogging now. Maybe we can keep in touch more. Talk to you later. Dee'Anna

amy a said...

Dear Dodd Boy Babies,
I cannot wait to meet you! Your entrance into this world as a dynamic duo means that I can keep my CM business going at least another 10 years. I will be anxious to see how my "can't-get-rid-of-even-one-picture" friend tackles this scrapbooking challenge. OH - And don't worry - if one of you wants to play soccer Step-In Daddy Hank can take over. I have been thinking of names for you two. Here are some that I can remember at this moment:
Pitcher & Catcher
Frick & Frack
Love'em & Leave'em
Buck & Shot
Wiley & Coyote
Now, you boys behave yourself for another 10 days. Your momma needs a girlfriends getaway before you take over her life! Love and kisses, Amy

Ashley said...

LOVE IT!!! I did not know we were feeling babies move at the aquarium... we would have been all hands on belly instead of all hands on whatever kind of crab that was. HE HE HE!