Monday, April 16, 2007

YOU KNOW YOU"RE IN TROUBLE WHEN....

the ultrasound technician, who does several a day and has for many years, says (and I quote), "This is the wiggliest baby I've ever tried to do!" That was her comment when trying to measure Baby A at our ultrasound this morning! Jon said to keep in mind that that was including the one she told me about last week where the mom drank 3 Mellow Yellows beforehand!
It was amazing to see how much he moved. In fact, he has flipped completely around. He is now head down like Baby B. About 3:00 Saturday night/Sunday morning, I couldn't get to sleep because he was so active. Then I felt my entire stomach move, so I think that must be when he went head down. They are now head to head, but, more importantly, foot to foot. We got to watch them kick each other like crazy. She said they even head butted one another (please begin praying for me now!!!!). Jon's mom came with us and said they definately looked like Dodd brothers since Jon and David fought nonstop!
Baby B cooperated a little more. Not that he's an angel because we would see his feet kick into the screen even while we were looking at A, but I think by the time we went to measure him they were getting a little tired. Baby B did lay still awhile, and we got to watch him suck his thumb. It was the sweetest, most amazing thing. It made me cry!
Believe it or not, we actually got all the measurements needed and both boys look great. They both weigh exactly 1 pound. According to their measurements, Baby B is 21 weeks and 6 days old which is to the day how far along I am. Baby A measured at 22 weeks. I guess all that wiggling has made him one day ahead of his brother! The important thing is that they are growing right on schedule, and they are growing equally. At the very end, she was able to get a picture of them together. It is their 2 little heads right next to each other. It is the sweetest picture ever. As soon as my scanner cooperates, I'll post it. They both look like Jackson did as a baby. They look a little different as Baby B's nose is a little rounder (though that could be due to the angle). It's so neat having an ultrasound so late in my pregnancy as you can really see what they look like. I think looking at their beautiful faces today made me more excited than ever!
Thank you for all your prayers and excitement. God has really been answering our prayers as I haven't had any contractions lately, they are both healthy, and my cervix is still thick and holding! I can't wait until the kids get home so I can show them the video of their brothers fighting!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I know that I am an emotional wreck... but instead of laughing at the thought of your babies fighting in there... I am in tears! What a joy!