Friday, April 27, 2007

My internet is finally working!

I have missed blogging so much! I've had each entry planned out in my mind and my internet was down for 4 days. That was hard-these things are addictive! Though I tend to be wordy, I'm going to condense the days happenings that I missed:

Sunday: In a 2 hour span at my dad's Jackson learned how to ride without training wheels on a smaller bike. Within minutes of his first attempt, he was doing wheelies and spin outs in the gravel earning him the nickname Jackson "Daredevil" Dodd! The scary part is that nickname came from my father bc/ for any of you that know him he's the definition of daredevil. If he thinks my son is, I'm in BIG trouble! God must appoint special gaurdian angels to little boys. I hope he has a few extras for the 2 kicking me like crazy bc/ they'll not only have each other egging them on, but also "Daredevil" Dodd to emulate!

Monday: A and B are very strong babies- just ask the holes in my organs! This experience is the most amazing thing. I can't describe it enough. There's ALWAYS someone kicking me! A is very territorial and if I rest my hands on his side of my stomach or one of the kids lays on me, he starts kicking! At night I am up at least an hour every night waiting for them to settle down. The problem with twins- if I lay on my right side A doesn't like being squished and will kick and fidget. About the time he settles down, my hip is numb so I'll turn over and B will have a fit!

Jackson came home and in a few minutes learned to ride his much bigger bike without training wheels. The downside, he goes so fast but can't stop that well. Being as smart as he is, he improvises and uses things like my car and the lawnmower to stop himself. I was sitting in a chair talking to Ashton on her scooter when he came flying towards us. Somehow with super mom strength I managed to grab her as she fell and stop him from flying on top of her. I was expecting to hear cries but heard them laughing. Jackson had ended up kneeling on her scooter. His bike handles got caught in Ashton's pocket and she ended up with her pants around her ankles!!!! Daredevil's first victim!

Tuesday: This was one of the most exciting, proudest days of my life at Jackson's ball game. Yes, I know it's just a game, but I don't think I've ever seen my child try so hard and shine so bright, so forgive me while I brag- a LOT. They were playing the team that the other teams talk about being so good. Before the game the coach said they like to play 3 outs and done- which is not the rules in 5-6 league. However, after we got at least 6 outs in the first inning, he "forgot" his rule. The entire team was awesome (especially Jackson and Baylor!). We had 3 kids catch balls in the air- NEVER happened before, even once. Jackson did it first at pitcher, and when everyone went crazy he waved to the crowd!!!! Baylor caught one at pitcher and threw it to Jackson at first base and they TURNED A DOUBLE PLAY- at age 6!!! Jackson played 2nd base for really the first time ever and GOT it. He knew to catch the ball and get them out on 2nd. He got at least 3 outs on 2nd alone. Most importantly, he was so fired up. Jon's proudest moment was when he was in the dugout telling Jackson which position to play and Jackson said, "Yes Sir!" and ran to his position. Passion and effort- 2 things you can't teach but are so proud to see in your child! Then at Jon's softball game I guess he was trying to live up to his son's example and I think he's broken his hand (and no, he won't go to the Dr.- if his mom is reading this please feel free to call and fuss at him!).

Wednesday: Nothing too exciting. I spent the whole day in pain bc/ Jon rolled over in the middle of the night and slept through my screams of pain bc/ my leg had been on top of his and he about dislocated my hip!

Thursday: I learned a lot today. Please allow me to share:
#1 Morning sickness being over in the first trimester is a myth.
#2 It's nice to have older kids to hand you wet wash cloths as you have said morning sickenss.
#3 When your daughter tries on her very first tutu for her upcomng ballet recital, it's worth the over $100 you try not to think about the fact that you paid for them to dance to a 2 minute song.
#4 Cravings can be bad. Had my first unhealthy one for Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls (the commercial on TV where the granpa is having a tea party- saw them there). Ate 2 packs when Jon walked in the door with them! Really bad bc/ I see Dr. Stafford in 4 days who fusses at everyone for their weight gain!
#5 NEVER look at a pregnancy website with pics of women pregnant at your stage with your husband and say, "I'm not as big as her." Bc/ said husband might not have the brain capacity and sense God gave him to lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Jon SHOULD have learned: Lying to a pregnant woman surely can't be that bad a sin if it saves you life and hours of fighting. Your response should be "of course not" NOT "Wellllllll, stand up and let me see!!!!"

#2 What Jon SHOULD have learned: When fighting with a pregnant woman, do not look up pregnancy websites and point out that they say you might be moody at this stage!

I'll just stop there bc/ we all know he didn't learn his lesson and I could go on. Maybe I'll just read my last post where I bragged on him. And he thinks I'm moody with emotions up and down.......nah!!!

No comments: