Saturday, April 21, 2007

How can I fit 2 more in????

What a busy day today! We started out our day at baseball opening ceremonies at 8:30. Seeing all those big boys looking so handsome in their uniforms made me so excited to be having 2 more boys. I was a little disappointed not to be having another daughter bc/ girl clothes are much cuter, but it's hard to beat a baseball uniform. I told Jon we have like another 16 years of opening ceremonies in our future!

Next, we headed to Target to start our baby registry. The kids loved using the scanner, but about halfway through I noticed I'd lost Jon. He was in a baby aisle about to have a panic attack. He said, "I can't believe we're starting all over again!" It was a little scary how much I'd forgotten (what size bottles and how many do I register for????). It was crazy scanning things at least twice, some things 4 or more times! We could've scanned diapers for 30 minutes!

Then we headed back to the ball field for Jackson's game. It is really amazing what a great team we have as we made it through another game without using the tee. Which brings back my opening question, how am I going to fit 2 more in? Life is so hectic already, what will I do when Ashton has a game and the twins. As we watched cheerleaders wash cars at McD's for a fund raiser, we realized we will have a child in high school, 1 in middle school, and 2 in elementary at the same time. I guess one of the major plusses of having 2 boys is that hopefully they'll be on the same team!

Oh well, despite a few freak outs, what a great day. Isn't it amazing how you suddenly stop and realize that you have everything you ever dreamed of? Though I guilt myself all the time for not being the perfect mom, as Jon and I sat in the kids' fort today having a picnic with them, I realized I am who I always wanted to be. More amazingly, God has blessed me with the most amazing husband and father for my kids, much more than I ever thought I deserved. There you go Jon, I said it on the web. Next time my hormones are raging and I can't think of anything I like about you (which seems to happen lately with this crazy pregnancy- God bless him), you can tell me to go back and read today's post!

Enough mushiness, my swollen ankles and I are going to bed!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

AWWWW... you know once they are here you will wonder what you did with all that spare time... and how in the world you ever lived without them. I CANNOT WAIT!! I have another name to add to the list!