Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jon's Perfect Father's Day...

The kids and I were really excited to give Daddy his fishing basket we surprised him with. It contained a water bottle, a Coke, Snickers, homemade cards, Cracker Jacks, and most importantly 2 containers of chicken livers. This was really his dream gift because he has been wanting to go fishing really badly. We wanted to do this as a family. It was the twins' first fishing trip which is a major milestone in this family. However, the idea was much more fun than the reality of Jon baiting everyone's hook, unhooking the fish, babies crying, Jackson getting hooked in the hand (luckily it came out or we'd have been on the way to the emergency room like we had to do with Jon once!). Poor Jon didn't even get to reel in a single fish himself. I guess I really owe him a redo fishing trip alone! Still, it was fun and I got some special pictures which is really all it's about anyway (for me at least!).

This is my favorite picture. Though it isn't the best shot of everyone (though I adore Will peeking around Jon's leg), it is incredibly special because it is a picture of Jon with our 4 kids right where it all started. They are standing in the exact place where Jon proposed
(Hey, I told you fishing was important in our family!).

I think this picture is cute because my curly headed darling looks like he really knows what he's doing!

Jackson checking out his and Ashton's joint catch (I'm going to strangle him if he doesn't stop letting his shorts fall down!!!).

The funny part was when we tried to show the babies' their first catfish. They both cried and ran to me! I know that will change soon or that lifetime hunting/fishing license we are about to buy will be a huge waste of money!
It was a hot, exhausting day full of adventure, but all our days seem to be that way lately so I guess it was appropriate. It really meant a lot to me being there with all the kids on Father's Day.
Jon, if you kneeled (on both knees) with my diamond dangling below a huge chicken liver and proposed to me all over again I'd...
say "yes" a thousand times because while you are my best friend, the prince charming I never felt I deserved , the answer to all my prayers, the one who makes me laugh more than anyone, someone I could spend every waking moment with and never run out of things to talk about, the person who can make the most mundane task fun, and many more wonderful things
most importantly you are a great father and the best gift I could've ever given my children was having you as a father.
I love you, Jon!
Wanna go fishing?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought Isaac the LIFETIME LICENSE and I know it will be worth every penny .... now all I have to do is find the time to take him fishing for the first time ... I will be honest, I am a little jelous of the Father's Day blessing the he received.

rg

Betty said...

That was absoulutely the most precious and romantic Father's day story, yet!!! And it is really all about the pics, I must agree:)!!!

Pamela Johnson said...

very awesome, love the pics!

Kyla said...

Does Chris know about this??? All he got was a chance to rent a horror movie out and wath it by himself on the couch!