Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Moral Question...

Would it be very wrong to put an anti-barking shock collar on my daughter? You know the kind that if dogs make too loud of a bark shock them? I mean I wouldn't make her wear it all the time. I know she has to express herself sometimes. But maybe she could just wear it while the babies are trying to sleep and she suddenly feels the need to burst into full volume song right outside their door? I'm just wondering...

Oh, while we're on the subject do you think it would be wrong to put the invisible fence collars on two twins who always run in separate directions when I take them outside? I realize shocking could possibly be construed as child abuse so I thought of an invention along the same lines as the invisible fence. The kids wear "devices" (collars sound bad) and when they approach the boundaries instead of the warning beep dogs get they would hear mom's pre-recorded voice saying, "Jon Wesley Dodd you get back here this instant!" That is just an example name and in no way implies that that child is in need of discipline :) Don't you think that would be a great invention. However, as I used my real voice to yell at them to return and they kept on running (in opposite directions) it occurred to me that my invention has the fatal flaw that hearing the mother's voice must actually cause the child to obey. Hmmmm, back to the drawing board!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought his name was Wesley Clark