Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ballet Rehearsal...

I can't believe that Ashton was in her 3rd ballet recital! She was only 3 when she did her first and that seems ridiculously young now! The first year I was on bedrest and got to watch her dance then go home. Jon stayed with her to get her trophy. The 2nd year I felt the need to volunteer to be the backstage mom to make up for what I missed while on bedrest. I didn't make that mistake this year!

So, here are some beautiful pics I took during dress rehearsal. Of course, my favorite costume (of her three this year!) was the beautiful ballet one, made even more beautiful when two beautiful girls twirl:

2 ballerinas and one in training:
Or when modeled by pirate ballerinas:

After the first costume change they were now tapping girls:

I was really excited about their tap song because it was "Movin' Right Along" from the Muppet Movie which was the exact same song I tapped to years ago in my brief ballet career!

The grand finale was thier jazz song from HS2- "Fabulous"-P-E-R-F-E-C-T! It has been her signature song since she first heard it 2 years ago. She already knew all the moves from the movie so just had to learn some new moves which were sassy and cute.

She was in little girl heaven!

A glimpse of the sassy:

Posted by Picasa
I really enjoyed rehearsal because it is the only time I'm allowed to take video and pictures (and I'm a big time rule follower but did see some people videoing!).
My girl also had fun which is after all what it's all about!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Check out those professional toe points from Ashton and Mia!!

~H