Saturday, May 19, 2007

good news, bad news...

We went in for our monthly ultrasound appt. yesterday. Last month both boys weighed 1 pound and were measuring exactly how many weeks I was. 4 short weeks later, Baby A weighs 2 lb 6 oz and Baby B a whopping 2 lb. 10 oz! They are both measuring 3 weeks ahead of where I am. I was so excited that they are both growing so much!

At the end of the ultrasound she always measures my cervix. It had thinned from like 36 mm(?) down to 22 (?). They sent me straight to the hospital to see if I was having contractions. I wasn't but am now a "very high risk pregnancy." I'm on complete bed rest except for trips to the doctor and bathroom and the new highlight of my day-a shower. The worst part is I have to lay on my side, which makes it hard to do lot. We're just in shock bc/ I've been feeling great and thought everything was fine. Of course, I'll do whatever it takes to keep the boys in for as long as possible.

Everyone's been so supportive. I just hope they don't get tired of me! Feel free to send me any good books or DVD's you might have! I go back for another ultrasound Wed. to make sure it isn't any thinner. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers! I'll post lots of boring entries so you'll know if I've gone crazy yet!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You have been on my constant mind!!! Keep those boys and and TELL ME how to help.

Have you read Redeeming Love? I just finished it, I really liked it. But I know you are a much more meaty reader than I am... this is long but an easy read.

Sonja said...

I personally know how bad bed rest stinks and am HATING that you have to experience it! We are on vacation right now but I'll hook you up with some good reads when we get back. Try to get the rest now that you will need when the boys get here!