Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blog Slacker Here!

I feel like such a slacker because I haven't posted lately. I mean Heather had the flu and, much worse, 2 kids with the flu, and she blogged more than me! I know it's not a competition, but for those of you that know me, know my personality is to totally be competitive! Of course, I've composed several posts in my head. Another fun fact about me, I often practice conversations in my head before saying them and now constantly compose my blogs when good blog moments are happening in life. We must do it a lot now, espcially since Jon started his own blog (talk about a slacker- he hasn't posted in 2 weeks!). Now when we're taking funny pics of the kids or they do something funny we compete (there I go again) to be the first to say, "I'm going to use that on my blog!" Even Jackson is getting on the action. He did something that made us laugh and said, "Put that on your blog!" So, here's a funny thing he did today:
(Belmont will probably ask for my English major diploma back after this blog because it is going to be all over the place!)
He was VOLUNTARILY changing Will's diaper (I think he was trying to impress Donnie who was here!). Will was wiggling and trying to turn over (more about that later!) so, Jackson was having a hard time getting his diaper on. Jackson said, "He's wiggling more than a chicken with his butt on fire!" Funny, but very riskee (riskay?) humor for a first grader. About the "butt" word, let me take this opportunity to apologize to those of you whose kids hear my kids say it. Yes, I know it's not a nice word, and we try very hard not to say it and not let the kids say it. It seemed to be a constant struggle until I finally realized everyone in my extended family says it. Apparently, it is a relatively new no-no word! There's no way I can retrain them, so again I'm sorry in advance for when your kids say, "But Jackson says it!"
One reason I haven't blogged lately is I was sick for a couple of days, and I've been battling 2 twins with really bad colds. Luckily, they haven't been terribly sick because I honestly don't know if I could survive 2-yikes! I have learned 2 fun facts about the twins with their colds.

1. Will HATES, HATES having his nose wiped! He throws his head from side to side and screams. Which is really bad because I have become OCD in regards to baby's noses! It's like my sad-need-to-get-out-of-the-house new hobby! I know, YUCK!

2. After Wesley coughs he growls in his already low, made extra low with cold voice. I wish I could show you a video because every time he coughs he makes that little grunt like "What was that all about?"

Rambling blog slacker signing off now because it's time to go convince Jackson to get his shoes on, try to make Ashton's wind-swept hair reasonably presentable, wake up a loudly snoring daddy to take care of 2 babies, grab my Bible and head to my new Bible study, this non-bedrester is so excited about being able to go to women's Bible study that she's doing 2!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

So funny. I have blogged, but I'm rather behind on my Bible reading. Let's face it, Exodus is not great flu reading. (Sorry, Moses and God) I'm off to get caught up!