Friday, February 29, 2008

HE SPEAKS...

Since I realized it's about time for the babies to utter their first word, I've been trying to drill "mama" into their heads. A few times when I said mama really slow, I swear Will looked at me and said "Daddy" in the same rthym. Weweren't sure he knew what he was doing so didn't count it as his first word. Last night, we had some one-on-one time since Will was awake until 11:00. We had him laying on our bed, and Jon was talking to him. He got him to say "DaDa" several times. I went over and over "Mama". Will looked really hard at me like he was studying me. Then he moved his lips really slow and said "MaMa", but no sound came out! He was concentrating so hard to move his lips that he didn't make any sound, but we are counting it! Both in one night-yeah!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Congratulations, Smarty Pants!!! You better get the MENSA applications ready; these boys are on a roll! First culinary critics next international speakers extraordinaire!

Shawn said...

Tooonnnnnyyyyaaaa....I miss you. Where aaaarrrrreeee yyyyoooouuuuu?