Thursday, February 14, 2008

What Does It Say About My Life...

that the one place Jon chose to hide my Valentine's card where he knew I would find it this morning was...in the wipes case?! He knew if I did nothing else today, I would be changing a poopy diaper! I don't know whether to laugh or cry! At least I got a card this year- way to go J! It was pretty funny too, though I won't write the punch line because his mom reads my blog :)

He also even got the kids to make me a card which is what I want on every occasion. Both of these are more than I've done for him, so I guess I shouldn't complain about him so much!

Through the wonders of the excellent Williamson County Schools education, Jackson was introduced to the "Roses are Red" poem. The Valentine he made Jon and I at school said, "Roses are red, violets are blue, your feet stink, but I love you." I can just imagine a bunch of first grade boys giggling as they made that up.

So, in honor of first grade humor and for my husband who actually got me a card and because I don't have him one bc/ I'm not brave enough to take the twins to the store by myself:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This diaper stinks,
But I still love you!

Wow, this entry came full circle: what does it say about my life that I went to college as an English major who prided herself on her poetry writing, and now that is the poem I'm writing! I guess there is a season in life for everything, even "roses are red" poems!

No comments: