Wednesday, February 13, 2008

This Too Shall Pass? Part 2...

Actually, I doubt this one will pass as grown men seem to retain their 6 year old sense of humor (as evidenced by my husband's latest blog entry). A couple of hours after my moving love fest with my son that inspired my last deep post, this happened...

I was washing dishes when Jackson walked up and put his arms around me. He was hugging me from behind, so I just let my self-satisfied smile shine. Then he starting singing and laughing, "I like big butts, and I cannot lie." Smile quickly faded...

We obviously did not teach him this song. He learned it when he was 3 because at the end of Shrek Donkey sings it to Dragon. We let him sing it at the tender age of 3 because we found it hilarious when he sang his version, "I like big butatanicanwupmenunapie." Unfortunately, we set the precident of letting him sing the song and very recently he learned the real words!

Oh well, my hug high was nice while it lasted!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Happy Valentine's Day??