Monday, April 21, 2008

Girls' Weekend

I had the privilage, honor, great joy, etc... to go away with some of my best friends in the world last weekend. We went to Amy's parents' cabin on Monteagle and had the ultimate girls' weekend. There were girlie movies, fun games, amazing food thanks to Chef Angie, and my favorite: NONSTOP SCRAPBOOKING! I scrapbooked until 2:30 each morning, woke back up and started again. It was HEAVEN and much needed! I hope we can go again soon, next weekend maybe?

Here are the 3 scrapbookers: We like to keep tabs of how many layouts we complete on the giant abacus. Amy and I both did one layout more than last year so that's progress! I did 18 double page spreads! The beads in the middle are from that show off Ashley who did the most despite leaving early.
My girls sadly getting ready to leave Sunday afternoon.
I'm looking really rough because I didn't want to waste scrapbooking time to do hair and make-up- priorities people!

So, here are some of my favorites. When I came home to show my family the kids really kept track of how many pages I did of each of them, so here's one page of each of them:
Here is one I did of Jackson and a picture of Jon as a child. Obviously, I don't journal while at crops becasue I can't talk and write well. I really wish you could see Jon's picture in all its 80's glory- ET socks pulled all the way up, metal Confederate flag belt buckle, and mesh hat complete with logo. How cool was he? This page is a sampling of who Ashton is right now: ballerina, model, candy nut and art fanatic!
I love this page because #1: I love these sweet pics of Will and #2 I did all the stamping on the page and loved how it turned out.
I also love this page of Wesley. Great pictures, some of my all-time favs, love the inking on the edge, and especially the chipboard letters overlapping the picture. You can't read the hanging tag, but it says "similarities and differences" and is perfect for documenting my boys' individual characteristics.
Oh, how wonderful! I can't wait until I get to spend such a perfect weekend again!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

THey are great... I love that stamping... GREAT JOB... I cannot believe you did not put my pic alone with the abacus... JUST KIDDING. I had a great time too!

Shawn said...

J-e-a-l-o-u-s. That's me.
Looks like so much fun. Great job on the layouts especially not having your personal photo weeder on hand!

~Heather