Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wild Will

Will is extremely high-spirited. When Wesley got his first tooth, we didn't even know. When Will got his the entire neighborhood knew! If he's not happy he makes himself well heard, but when he is happy he is the sweetest, funniest little guy you can imagine. That sweet little face melts my heart. When I first held him as a baby, he seemed so familiar because he is so much like his big brother and sister. I love this little guy so much, he is my laughter. He is quite the adventurer, on his own terms. If you swing or make him fly he kind of freaks out, but when he is in charge he knows no fear. He has been mobile for a while, officially crawling for two weeks and is already pulling up. He scares me and reminds me I better get to super-duper-baby-proofing. Here he is reaching so far out that his toes were extended on the side of his chair.
Yet, how can you get mad at him when he gives you that mischevious little grin, like after he crawled to Ashton's desk and bit a piece off of her drawing. Already, I have fished out of his mouth paper pictured below, a price tag and plastic play money. At least all of that is better than the lady bugs his big brother always ate at this age-yuck!
Be careful who you name kids after. While Will is named for 3 of his great-grandfathers, Wilmont comes from my paternal grandfather, Bill. Bill found nothing funnier than making innocent little children shoot birds, nice huh? I actually had the sad thought that since the twins never got to meet him, they will never have the bird-shooting picture that was kind of a family tradition! Well, Will decided to carry the tradition on and apparently doesn't need anyone to help him hold up the proper finger- Bill would be so proud!
My sweet Will, no one can help but love him. With his strong personality, it's going to be quite the adventure to see what amazing person he turns out to be!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

SO THAT'S how things run at the Dodd house! I was reading thinking that your grandfather taught kids how to shoot birds...with guns, not fingers. Classy, Will, classy indeed. lol
~Heather

Anonymous said...

They are SO cute! I am glad Lila gets to grow up with such handsome little boys. We have multiple photos of Lila shooting the bird too, but luckily she was only a few months old and hasn't done it recently. I hope the boys are feeling better and you have survived.

Sonja said...

I'm with Heather..I was thinking, "Who would actually LET Bill take their child to shoot a bird and then snap a photo of it????" I was imagining a lot of dead wildlife at your family reunions.