Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Blogiversary to Me!!!

Yes, believe it or not, it has been one year since I undertook this endeaver. At the time I had two friends who had blogs. Now I only have about 2 that don't! It's amazing how it has caught on, and I can say I was on the cutting edge, for Spring Hill anyway!

As with all anniversaries or birthdays, I suppose it should be a time to reflect. So, in true David Letterman style:

The Top Ten Things I Have Learned in the Last Year:

10. Carrying twins is like letting 2 greased pigs wrestle under a blanket, obviously my belly is the blanket! Sure, it's funny at first until you start getting pelted with hooves nonstop. Said craziness and pain doesn't stop after birth- I'll let you know when and if it ever does.

9. I can inspire (i.e.: talk my husband into) anything from having twins to starting his own blog!

8. One can survive bedrest reasonably sane, if you consider blogging about how much I love doing housework sane. Yeah, I'm SO over that.

7. ElastiGirl has nothing on me. I can bounce a baby on one leg, feed another baby a bottle on the other leg all while cooking dinner, playing house and supervising first grade homework. I AM Superwoman, hear me roar (mostly when Jon works late!).

6. I come from a line of tough women. Two of whom have successfully fought breast cancer and won. Others who voluntarily watch all of my children!

5. I'm not a diamonds are a girl's best friend type of girl. Give me the Sam's size of Enfamil formula and I'm happy. It's gold colored for a reason.

4. I can love 5 people with all of my heart. I love one for his goofy puns, one for his heart that is outraged at any injustice, one for her desire to please and be loved, one for his excited arm flapping when he sees me, and one for the precious smile that came first only for me and is now shared with anyone who crosses his path.

3. I no longer have to worry about remembering the multitude of cute things my kids do (or mean things my husband does) because I can always go back and look at my blog.

2. Now when my kids do something they ask, "Are you going to put that on your blog?" And Jon is always asking me, "Is that blogworthy?"

1. Most of all, I have learned a whole new way to make and draw closer to friends. Those of you who don't blog will never know how close you can feel to those whose blogs you stalk and who stalk you right back. It's crazy, but I have made some great friends and drawn even closer to old friends who I know are always there for me. They keep up with my life faithfully (ok, obsessively is more accurate. I know-I'm the same way about theirs!). I find myself trusting completely that they are checking on me and knowing they will call with help, jokes or prayers as the situation warrants!

So, here's to one unbelievably crazy and very productive (in the reproducing arena not so much in the housekeeping/cooking field) year. I've loved it and love that all of you love me enough to read it. Here's to many more...




2 comments:

Shawn said...

Happy Blogiversary to you, happy blogiversary to you, happy blogiversary DEAR TONYAAAAAAA, HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY TOOOOO YOUUUUUU!

And many more, Friend!
~Heather

Ashley said...

Cute!!! Love that!!!!